Sunday, November 16, 2008

chamber of secrets

(don't worry, Twilight fans, this is not a Harry Potter post in response to your addiction.)




as i was bloghopping earlier, i came across this entry of my classmate, Monique, about secrets shared anonymously over the net... and as i visited the site, i happened to have my own favorites...

some of those are the naughty ones,




uplifting,



and others, sentimental...




some pictures were posted with corresponding messages, and there's this one that moved me the most:


I googled my secret...

Frank,

In April of this year you posted a secret of mine, it was a painting that read "when you stopped loving me...i stopped painting."

A friend of mine asked to see my paintings while I was at his house yesterday. I don't have any of them online, so, I did a Google Images search for "PostSecret Painting" not expecting to actually find it.

It was the first image to show up!

I was surprised, but more than that, I was moved. I felt like that secret was personal to me, that very few would identify with it. It's posted on blogs and in personal photo albums, even on myspace pages!

Seeing it again reminded me what it felt like to send it in. It reminded me how great it feels to be free from it.

- The Painter


now, with my being so-not-over-this-letting-go-thing, i wonder if there's any site where we can entrust the things we would like to detach from. there's a fine line between "throwing" and "letting go." i just know that one day, when your eyes landed on the things you have let go of before, you will feel the same way the painter did.

No comments: