Thursday, August 24, 2006

REPLICA: On the Blue Shore of Silence

on the blue shore my love began to grow

yet i chose to love you in silence

on the blue shore of loneliness the earth dwelt upon me

but your voice, still, was a silent echo of the altar

hellfire rains down the irreverent waves of the shore

not long before the angels kept the seabed



on the blue shore i played the memories on a guitar

in silence, the passion consumed me from within

the greatness of the sun tried to pull me back

but your gravity never let me escape

while the planets fall into the abyss of passion

my heart sluggishly dies



bakit hanggang ngayon mahal pa kita?

gayong kahit isang awit ay hindi namutawi

sa iyong mga labi na tila ang yari ay patalim

nakakasakit, nakakasugat, nakakamatay

nilamon na ng dagat ang mga alaala

tuluyan nang nabingi ang hangin



bakit hanggang ngayon mahal pa rin kita?

kahit ang puso ay nakagapos sa katahimikan

sa awit ng bulag, sa iyak ng mga bata

ngunit ang langit ay gumagawa ng ingay

makinig, magmasid, makiramdam

ang pakpak ng mga paruparo ay nililikha ang anak ng bagyo




on the blue shore i began to kill my love

yet silence perfectly keeps the music alive

i suddenly felt the exorcism of the sun

but your repose silently washes me down with holy rain

giants leap from so much pain

the earth facilely dies in vexation



on the blue shore of misery

one word is enough to break the silence

the sword of your mouth drags the heart of a puerile

but still i never heard, nor even tried to listen

that on the blue shore where i laid my life

silence has killed...