Thursday, August 07, 2008

how a song transcends the soul

words are not enough to explain as to what extent of glory one suddenly reaches when falling on a deep trance (see the irony? love it!). each song has its own special way of seeping through your bones. the feeling is relative that only you can describe how its fire keeps on burning forever. shoot me for coming up with an unimaginative title and call me whatever you like because at any rate, this is not a "how to" entry.

here's one of the most influential music geniuses of the 80s, the contemporary Christian singer/songwriter Michael W. Smith. probably you're a fellow who grew up with the kind of songs this so-called new generation loves to despise or bastardize nowadays. anyway, another song i love from this music titan is Somewhere, Somehow, which is a duet with an equally great singer, Amy Grant. it's a good toast for hopeless romantics.

i can get hold of the perfect blend of poetry and music in his songs... in his lips, the passion and love for the art... and in his eyes, i can almost see his soul...

i guess this is what you call "real" music.


I Will Be Here for You



When you feel the sunlight
Fade into the cold night
Don't know where to turn

I don't know where to turn

And all the dreams you're dreaming

Seem to lose their meaning

Let me in your world
Baby, let me in your world

All you need is someone you can hold

Don't be sad, you're not alone


I will be here for you

Somewhere in the night

Somewhere in the night

I'll shine a light for you

Somewhere in the night

I'll be standing by

I will be here for you

In this world of strangers
Of cold and friendly faces

Someone you can trust

Oh there's someone you can trust

I will be your shelter
I'll give you my shoulder

Just reach out for my love
Reach out for my love

Call my name and my heart will hear you

I will be there, there's nothing to fear

No comments: