Sunday, August 19, 2007

sino si PETA?

this morning was our third time to watch the Philipines' one of the most outstanding theatre guild, PETA, and it's a little bit funny how common people seem to not know it...

yes it was my third time, and still i wasn't familiar with the trip. although some areas were fresh on my memory sheet, they weren't enough, so i had to ask a coulple of people what roads will lead me to E.Rodriguez and trust my instincts as well. they would ask me where i was heading to, and i just found it surprising that whenever i say "PETA", faces crumpled and people gave me the same question back. even drivers, whom i relied my tour-guessing into, were not sure where the heck they should drop me off.

whatever happened to the Philippine culture and arts? has it become exclusive to the world of prestigious academe and the elites? take note, prestigious academe. think about that... well, i do not belong to that elite group although i'm into that academe thing. i have to pay high for good education and well-equipped system. (yes, there's a big disparity between paying high and not. believe me.)


"sino si PETA?"- much as how we ask "sino si Rizal?" nabaon na lang ang kanyang katanyagan sa loob ng malamig na bantayog, sa piso, sa posporo, at sa t-shirt na binebenta sa megamall, 2nd floor. kahit ang PETA, hindi na maabot ng tao. dahil ba mahal ang ticket? malayo? o tago ang lugar? o dahil mas gusto na lang panoorin ng tao si dolphy kasya sa dula? tama... mas sikat nga ang wowowee kaysa sa PETA.

No comments: